Announcing CEOS 2021 Essay Scholarship Contest
Collaborate to Educate Our Sons (CEOS) is pleased to announce its 2021 Essay Contest for scholarships for the 2020/2021 Academic year. At least three scholarships will be awarded to sophomore, junior, or senior males in High School, Vocational School, College, and/or Seminary. Two of the four scholarships will be exclusively for African Americans. These scholarships are for tuition support to assist young men to achieve their goal of graduation from college/seminary.
Entrants must be high school, vocational school, college or seminary sophomore, junior or senior young men.
In 1,000-1,250 words, write an original essay discussing the themes in one of the following topics OR write an original poem addressing the themes reflected in one of these topics:
- Our world has been described as a global village. In fact, there are very few monolithic societies these days. What are the pros and cons of speaking a second language in our world today?
- Currently, there is great debate regarding Black Lives Matter. Outline the major elements of this debate, state your position and defend it.
- Looking at the future, what are some changes educational institutions should implement to provide the best quality education as a result of the experiences gained in COVID-19?
HOW TO ENTER
- Essays should be submitted via email in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format by 11:59 pm EST on October 31, 2021, to: email@example.com.
- The 2021 essay winners will be notified in December 5, 2021 and will be printed in the CEOS Newsletter thereafter.
|High School Winner||$1200 for Tuition|
|College Winner||$2000 for Tuition|
|Vocational Winner||$1500 for Tuition|
|Seminary Winner||$2000 for Tuition|